Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday: Making the Gameplan

Sundays are for sitting. Sundays are for sun. Sundays are not taking a shower until at least 2:30 pm after you finish your blog entry. It is warm, sunny, and breezy today in New York, and so far I have stayed inside. After sleeping in late, I have been doing a little reading and working on online job applications. Did I mention we found a reliable source of Internet in my roommate's room? Amazing, it's changing my life. I spent most of yesterday checking out the Chelsea-Village-SoHo area with my long lost friend Roxanna. Having not seen each other in about a dozen years, it was strange and wonderful to meet up after so long, comparing who we've become and who we still are. We drank margaritas, gnoshed on guacamole, and chatted about the good old times, then and now (my caipirinha was delicious, but don't act like my mouth didn't drop when I found out they were $16 a pop). She works in the fashion industry here in New York and is tre hip and trendy. This coming week is Fall Fashion Week here in the city and everyone in her office is gearing up for shows, parties, lots of out-of-town visitors, and hopefully lots of "Ooos" and "Aaaahs" and "Yes, Yes fantastic." Needless to say, I'm sure there will be a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and booze centered around Bryant Park this week. My plans include a job interview (cross your fingers!) and plans to attend an audition or two as well as a dance class. Needless to say, there will be probably be a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and booze on my end as well. Oh, and she did invite me to her friend's annual 9/11 party to play Jenga and drink fancy cocktails (horrible I know! but I'm totally going). So, hopefully my interview goes well and my audition at least goes well. In other news, my roommate Megan has almost found a job as well, so hopefully we will plenty to celebrate come next weekend. We are becoming more settled into the apartment and our neighborhood and are making plans of how to make the apartment ours once the final bachelor is out. We are hoping for those jobs very soon, so we can buy important things like dressers, decorations, and a microwave. On the agenda for the rest of the day is trying to soak up a little of the remaining sun, do some dishes around the apartment and investigate our neighborhood gym (free yoga classes - I could get into that). Cheers for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment